TA Block Leader
- Accountable for planning and field execution of a turnaround block $10 mln - $20 mln or 50,000 to 100,000 direct field labor hours
- One or more TA Lead Planners reports to the Turnaround Block Leader, during planning phase, 4 - 6 field coordinators functionally report to the Turnaround Block Leader during execution.
- Typically plans and executes a TA Block on a multi-block event
- Responsible for the performance of all assigned personnel (up to 500 Shell and Contractor) on a TA Block.
- Accountable for planning, integration, and coordination of all scope on a block – maintenance, plant changes, capital projects, and catalyst changes, including interface management with all Shell disciplines and execution contractors.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Use bulleted summary to describe the principal results expected from this job.
- Functional accountability for TA Block Team
- Leads work scope collection process and significant contributor to the scope challenge and selection process.
- Develops cost estimates for work scope challenge, and leads effort for bottoms up detailed estimate for input to FID IP.
- Supports the development of Contracting strategy for the TA Block
- Ensures delivery of goals and expectations to all contractors prior to TA event, and follows through directly with contractor management on actual performance.
- Leads the development of the budget / estimate preparation for the TA Block
- Responsible for spend against budget for a TA Block
- Coordinates all optimization modules including Turnaround Assurance Reviews, Schedule Optimizations, etc. if assigned by TA Manager.
- Responsible for development of detailed work scope and execution plan, reviews job estimates, plans, bills of material, and work packages of Turnaround Planner / Schedulers to ensure quality and completeness
- Reviews / Approves all requests for deviations from Planning Premises document proposed by the Turnaround Planner / Schedulers and seeks approval from TA Manager / Event Manager
- Manages / owns the TA Plan for Planning (Control Document)
- Optimizes the work plan through coordinated discipline reviews
- Responsible for development of the long lead equipment plan for TA Block.
- Responsible for effective implementation of the addenda process after the scope is frozen.
- Responsible for ensuring all material is onsite 1 month prior to feed out
- Works closely with operations counterparts to ensure proper integration. Responsible for seamless integration of shutdown, decon, maintenance, commissioning, and startup plans
- Accountable for the application of the Scheduling Premises document to ensure optimization of schedule and efficient execution of turnaround scope – leveled resource plan, critical path / near critical path understanding, minimization of schedule complexity.
- Assists TA Event Manager in the development of the turnaround execution organization plan
- Directs field activities for assigned TA Block during Turnaround execution and accountable for the quality and productivity of work in the field
- Responsible for integration and implementation HS&E, logistics, materials, MOC, etc. (even if developed by others)
- Manages work force levels and is accountable for work force efficiency (time on tools)
- Ensures development of environmental plan (Waste disposal, lead / asbestos abatement, frac tanks, vac trucks, etc.) for assigned turnaround block
- Responsible for development of TA facilities and logistics plans (if not handled by others)
- Responsible for proper completion and turnover of all work packs and systems to which he / she is assigned during execution
- Ensures compliance to plant orders, policies and procedures including, but not limited to Downstream One, MOC, quality, and addenda processes
- Facilitates archiving of turnaround files and records, and financial closeout
- Provides a critique of turnaround activities after completion of turnaround, participates in Lessons Learned and Lookback process.
- Is mindful of and continues to look for opportunities to reduce turnaround scope, and plan and execute with low cost mindset.
- Is LEAN champion for assigned TA block, proposes and implements improvement ideas to both the planning and field execution process to improve performance and reduce cost.
Specify in 2-3 bullets the key challenges associated with this job.
- Maintain proficiency and expertise specific to assigned turnaround block.
- Maintain strong relationship with entire team during times of high energy and stress
- Maintain tight controls on budget, schedule, safety, environmental and quality control associated with the large work scopes executed in a short duration.
- Implement Downstream One TA work process to deliver Best in Class for Turnarounds based on Solomon benchmarking.
- Fast paced, high-energy job. The TA execution event in particular, requires a field present, directing behavioral style.
- Maintains field presence 80% of the time during execution.
Specify the educational background, qualifications and experience that would typically be required to fully and effectively perform this job.
Key qualifications: TA Block Leader
- Communication skills and customer focus - SKILL
- Team building skills, organization, and facilitation - SKILL
- Leadership and coaching - KNOWLEDGE
- HSE management systems - KNOWLEDGE
- Contracting and procurement processes - KNOWLEDGE
- Behavioral Imperatives - KNOWLEDGE
Experience requirements: TA Block Leader
- 10 - 20 years of overall experience in TAs, maintenance, or project construction.
- Skill in planning, scheduling, estimating, and execution.
- Recognized site expert in TA work processes.
- 5 years of supervisory experience managing work force
Bedrijf: Shell Nederland Raffinaderij/Chemie B.V.
Je komt te werken bij een internationaal bedrijf met een grote raffinagecapaciteit voor ruwe olie produceert een breed assortiment van eind- en halffabricaten voor de Nederlandse markt en internationale markt.
De hierbij ontstane producten dienen hetzij als brandstof, hetzij als basisgrondstof voor tal van producten (petrochemie).
40 uren per week
Construction & Maintenance
Stuur uw CV in!
Vul het formulier in en wij nemen dan zo snel mogelijk contact met u op. U kunt ons natuurlijk ook zelf bellen op volgende nummers:
Isoper Antwerpen+32 (0)3 233 1663
Isoper Assen+31 (0)592 345555
Isoper Rotterdam+31 (0)10 2700100